Jorge “JD” Lorenzo serves as the head of the Firm’s commercial litigation and corporate practice. For almost a decade, JD’s practice has focused on complex civil litigation in state, federal and multi-district courts. He has represented private companies and executives in commercial litigation, class actions, contract disputes, product liability litigation, employment cases and securities and shareholder derivative claims.
Prior to opening the Firm, JD was a litigator in one of Miami’s most prestigious boutique law firms, serving as litigation associate to Victor M. Diaz, Jr., Esq. In 2014, JD, along with Mr. Diaz, served as trial counsel in the first successful trial in the United States against the German manufacturer of defective drywall distributed throughout the country. The case resulted in a multimillion compensatory damage award and a fining of punitive damages, which was affirmed on appeal. JD also served as law clerk for the Honorable Judge Israel Reyes and coach for the International Criminal Court Moot Competition.
JD is admitted to practice in all Florida state and district courts of appeal as well as before the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida. He also serves as a member of the Dade County Bar Association, the Cuban American Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the National LGBT Bar Association.
Notable Representative Experience
- Represented hundreds of property owners in state and federal individual and class action product liability litigation against builders, installers, realtors, suppliers, and manufacturers, ultimately resulting in a billion-dollar class-action settlement.
- Representation of oil distributor in partnership acquisition.
- Member of litigation team that successfully obtained favorable settlement for publicly traded corporation in a multimillion-dollar directors' and officers' liability insurance coverage dispute.
- Member of litigation team that successfully obtained favorable settlement for real estate developer in a multimillion-dollar consumer finance litigation instituted by lender in federal court.
- Successfully defended the manufacturer and distributor of packaged foods company in breach of contract claim.
- Member of litigation team that obtained a $164 million dollar judgment on behalf of special-purpose entity, lender and special servicer for commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS).
- Represented multimillion-dollar commercial real estate investors in landlord/tenant disputes.